Lessons we Learned in 2014
January 19, 2015
With the new year comes resolutions, fresh starts and lists, lots of lists. Goal lists, to-do lists, not to-do lists, dream lists and my favourite – a lessons learned list. In the past year, the first year of running our business, we have learned many things.
Here are a few we wanted to share:
- Jumping in head first isn’t as scary as we thought it might be. With the proper training (physical and mental) just going for it is the easiest part of the process.
- Always maintain your standards to the highest degree, no matter what the situation. How you measure yourself in client relations right up until the end matters. People notice. More importantly, you notice.
- As I learned in Girl Guides, ‘always be prepared’ stands true in everything. But on the same note, you can’t really prepare for everything that comes your way. This lesson leads into the next…
- Be flexible, agile and alert. There are always new things to pay attention to, new paths to follow and obstacles to navigate around.
- We can’t be everything to everyone and so we don’t try to be. Just like with great friends, there is a unique energy that happens when you team up with certain clients. When we find those people, they are the ones we want to work with, the ones that get the most out of what we do and how we do it.
- It’s important to practice what you preach. Following the same marketing strategy you tell others to follow has a whole list of lessons in it I won’t mention here.
As we enter the new year, we’re fully committed to embracing curiosity at every chance and striving to see the forest for its trees, breathing the fresh air and picking up on all that there is to learn. What have you learned from the past year?