2015 Lessons Learned
January 14, 2016
- Igniting passion in others is a gift, to be exercised with thoughtfulness and humility.
- Learning our purpose, through elevating others in their purpose, is priceless.
- Feedback from others is an opportunity to make it right and change your ways.
- If we, as individuals and entrepreneurs, aren’t learning constantly, then everything stalls.
- Working together in a partnership, in a business, means you always have someone to bounce off ideas with.
- On the other hand, it means you always need to be ready to be that bouncing board and be open.
- Dropping the ball means you have an opportunity in the future to come through for someone else, even if it isn’t the same person you originally let down. It’s a great chance to kick yourself and learn to change.
- There will always be more to do, so map out the priorities and make them happen when they really matter. No excuses.
- We always have more to give. The first year of a business is crazy, but I have seen it over and over again. You always have more – dig deep.
- Goal setting really works. Put your mind to something and set a specific target. You will get there.
- Find and listen to those in the community who know the ropes. They know what they are talking about and they are happy to give you the blueprint of who to talk to and when. All you have to do is follow up! (Following up should be number one on this list. It is everything. Everyone knows it, but very few do anything about it).
- Starting something from passion means working harder than you ever have before.
- Starting something from passion means it is a labour of love that requires much love and nurturing.
- Be open. New ideas and opportunities are always presenting themselves. Take them and keep growing.
- Trust your gut. It’s usually right.
- Let charisma be followed by understanding and compassion.
- Feed your mind with silence and lots of fresh air
- Gratitude counts. You can never express too much of it.
- Community is the heart. Connecting with people is what it all boils down to. Giving back and contributing to a greater good is the best.
- Karma does exist. What goes around definitely comes around again and again.
What did you learn in the past year? What was the most valuable lesson? Tell us on Twitter @switchback4ever #lessons2015